I find those 500+ piece barn kits a little overwhelming ~ and expensive, so I really like this kit for my barn or trailer:
Carefully consider this Equikit™Basic as a meaningful and prudent choice for yourself, your Trainer, or another horse owner.
Also, a great idea for the first time horse owner or those doing a good bit of trailering. This basic Equine First Aid Kit Includes:
- Clear-sided, heavy duty plastic carry case with handle.
- Triple antibiotic ointment - 1oz. (28.4 gm) tube. Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Bacitracin Zinc.
- My own Herbal Healing Salve (all Organic Ingredients): Beeswax, olive oil, calendula, chamomile, comfrey, echinacea, chickweed, thyme, tea tree oil, and naturally acquired Vitamin E.*Good for both horse and rider! I grow my own herbs/medicinals.
- Sterile Saline -12 oz. (12.4 oz. UK) ‘squeezer bottle’ for wound or eye irrigation.
- Duck tape roll for making hoof bandage or pressure wrap in severe bleeding.
- Povidone Iodine Solution -1 - 4 oz. 'squeezer' bottle for cleaning wounds, skin infections, etc.
- 'Wet Ones' - large, thick & strong antibacterial, moist towelettes with soothing Aloe.
- 1 - clean, white, 100% cotton, hand towel.
- 1 - Polo Wrap; 'one size fits all', cloth (280 gm. fleece) with Velcro, closure track bandage. Easy to use and adjust.
- 1 washable, full-size fluffy leg quilt for use with track bandage.
- 2 - 4” (10.2 cm.) rolls Syr-Vet cohesive flexible bandages; 4"x 5 yds. (10.2 cm x 4.6 meter). Self-adhesive, lightweight compression/breathable.
- 10 - absorbent, hospital-grade, gauze pads.
- 3 - large, non-stick, sterile, highly absorbent and hospital-grade, Telfa-type pads.
- 2 pair vinyl gloves ('fits all').
- Scissors (stainless blades, cushion handle for right or left-handed person).
- Tweezers (stainless).
- Flashlight with 2, fresh, AA batteries installed.
- Hoof pick with rubber coated handle.
- 1 'INSTANT' Cold Pak
- Thermometer - 5 inch (12.7 cm.), heavy duty Veterinarian-quality & case w/ clip, ring top, Celsius & Fahrenheit.
- String to be used with the Thermometer.
- Tourniquet for Emergency Bleeding Control ONLY.
- Note Pad.
- Pen and pencil.
- 'Horse Keeping Reference Guide'.
- Case is 8" x 9" x 7/5"
~PRIORITY Mail shipping is also available. Select from the menu below.
If you'd like more information on the development of this kit by a practicing equine vet, please visit this page. 14 day money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied with your EquiKit, for any reason, you may return it for a refund of your purchase price minus shipping, provided the kits and contents are unused and unmodified.